Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Busted my budget.

Those of you who know me in real life know that I am coo-coo for anything Princess House!
I fell in love with it several years ago. My sister in law invited me to her Princess house party where I saw the Fantasia design for the first time. I bought a few pieces. I hosted a party. I became a consultant. I figured I wanted more Princess house, I would let Princess house buy it for me. Because I loved it so much I figured everyone I know would too.
I am not a sales person. I love doing parties, but I loved giving my stuff away too. I never made any money since I was giving away as much as I was making. Anything else coming in from Princess House bought me more princess house.

Are you familiar with them? Everyone was buying it in the 70's and 80's. Fantasia is a made up flower which looks sort of like a poinsettia. The pieces are pressed glass, canisters, dinnerware, bakeware, service pieces, drinkware. I LOVE IT ALL!

Well, with the turn in the economy last year, no one was having parties, so I let my business slack.
But I still love princess house.
SO - When I see it, I buy it, whether I really need it or not.

The other weekend I was at a Flea Market in Stanwood.
I wandered around trying not to let my disgust show on my face.
I really am a terrible snob.

Then, from across the room, I saw something. I hurried over to the booth, and found 4 of these...
Yeah, Fantasia cannisters. They are an older design, probably about 25 years old. They have not been making the cannisters in the square shape for several decades.
Then, when I was scooping these up, I also saw this.

More fantasia. That price tag says $2.00 Yeah, that is right! I got all 5 pieces for $10.00!!!!!
Now that it is all home, I decided I don't need all 4 canisters since I have all of this...


So, I think I will keep a few and send a few to some lucky blogger. I am trying to put my giveaway together in the midst of this hectic week. and I know two is an awkward number of canisters, so I will see how many you get.
The rest of the budget busters I found while junking at that time...

This mirror which you saw peeking out on the pedestal makeover post. It got the same treatment as the pedestal which I purchased on the same shopping trip but at different stores. Mirror, $25.00, Pedestal, $15.00
The mirror now....

Only this time I brushed it with gold, cream and white craft paint after I painted it with the purple and white latex paints.
Ignore the wall please, obviously it is time to paint them again.
BUT WAIT, there is more!!!!
I came home and started working in the garden, I stopped to talk to the neighbor who was cleaning out her garage and ended up bringing these two beauties home.

and this...
But they don't go together!
I am looking at the harp like this...
Do you have any ideas for me? I would love to hear them. She wants to be in my living / kitchen / dining area.
Karyn

Linking up at...



                      http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/

13 comments:

  1. WOW!!!!! I love all your treasures...happy day for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe....my idea as to what to do with them? Hmmmm...bring them over to my house? No? Worth a try..hahahah

    Great finds...can't wait to see more of your blog.

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've found some really nice things. Princess House.....I haven't thought about that for years. I remember going to those parties.
    Mary Lou

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Treasures, Karyn! I have several cups in the fantasia design, but I didn't know about all the other stuff. I love the tiered server and the canisters are sweet. But that white mirror!!! I want to go shopping with you, okay?
    I can see that harp under a shelf as a hall table. Maybe the mirror would hang over it...
    Have fun...Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was fun to go on your adventure with you..wish I had some ideas for you..but I'm feeling you'll figure that all out on your own..Princess House - haven't seen that in years..you are lucky you know what to look for...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a haul! I love the canisters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love those canisters. I could find a million different places in my home to use them - can't you use them in the laundry room or in your vanity area or something?!?! Hehe, I hate to let anything that pretty go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soooo many great treasures...love the canisters! Thanks for coming to my first NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS PARTY...hope to see you here next week:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Karyn -
    I remember back in the eighties when my girlfriends and I (around six of us) would host parties and receive a free place setting of the Fantasia...we would invite tons of people, would book off each other...well to make a long story short... I own probably 16 complete place settings of the Fantasia. The pitcher, creamer, sugar . I have used them throughout the years and still love them. I only recently gave a set of eight to my daughter for her new condo.... but I still have enough for me! Te He! I love those cannisters you found. I don't think I have ever seen any of those. How lucky you were to find them! Enjoyed reading your post! I have a sis in the Tacoma area. I love visiting Washington whenever I can! Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great found treasures! I love collecting and displaying things I love in my home...some may call it clutter I call it stuff we Love! Anyhow, I saw your comment on Jan's post, and I really loved it! I really feel keeping it real is the main thing in blogging! I started a blog because at this point in my life it was my best option to fill my time when my boys are at school...I have an almost teen and 8 year old....don't want to go back to work as I feel they still need be home, volunteering and being here for them after school! I am blessed to be able to do that!~ I have only been blogging for about two months...my following is growing quickly, and I am happy and humbled for that. Do I fear I will run out of things to blog about...nope, because life everyday has something to talk about!!~SOme may not get my humor, but that is OK because again I am keeping it real, no sense of being someone I am not just to get more followers......take care, see you again:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You could attach a bar (like a large dowel) between the sides of the harp where a mirror would usually attach. Then you could use it to display an antique quilt, a mini quilt or some sort of heirloom or large doily.

    It could also be attached on the back of a vanity dresser where you'd attach it for a mirror and then with the bar between it can be used as a towel bar.

    If you decided to use it as a wall display as opposed to attaching it to a dresser, I'd remove the wooden "tabs" from the bottom.

    Michelle
    www.TrashToTreasureDecorating.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you decided to keep the canisters (which you can't, now that you've promised them, :) )

    then I would put beans in them. One for lentils, one for black beans, one for pintos, one for navy beans, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all your finds...probably good that we don't live nearby...I'd probably spend too much shopping with you! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails